Professional tandem pilots accumulate many flights in one single day. They, therefore, need a wing they can rely on in all conditions.
METIS 4 has been designed and developed to make the life of professional tandem pilots easy and to allow them to work with the highest possible safety standard.
METIS 4 inflates quickly, rises overhead perfectly just by keeping the tension on the A-risers, providing immediate lift. Whether zero wind or strong, the take-off with Metis 4 remains easy to handle.
The brakes are precise, and the pilot can manage all thermal flights from the hands up position down to shoulder level which gives the enjoyable feeling of flying like a solo wing. Highly precise and nicely progressive brakes allow for nice carving turns and smooth climbs.
While keeping up with the best professional tandem models on the market, METIS 4 is more compact. This brings many advantages, from perfect behavior during take-off to more stable and easier handling in thermals. Last but not least, a compact tandem will be more roll stable and will show more compassion for the stomach of your passengers!
Being the perfect working tandem for professional pilots, the METIS 4 is also a reliable companion for any leisure pilot who intends to fly tandem with the family or with friends.
The main distinctive features are:
- Durable and long proven materials.
- Long proven construction with evenly distributed lines.
- Easy inflation in every condition.
- Immediate lift right after inflation.
- Precise and responsive brake within reduced travel.
- Lighter brake pressure.
- Better glide ratio.
- Reactive characteristics on the toggles give you good feedback for flaring.
- Highly efficient at narrow thermals and flat turns with closed trims.
- Replaceable Trimmers, when the trim straps are worn out no need to replace the entire risers.
- High stability in turbulent air.
- Two size options (40,42).
- Noticeably lower weight compared to previous models while keeping the same well-proven materials. METIS 4 is 0.5 kg more lighter.